Every homeowner hopes to accomplish five goals when selling their home:
- Sell it for the best price
- Sell it within a predetermined time
- Sell it with the least amount of hassles
- Close on the sale the same day they move into their new home
The fifth reason is the most obvious and the most important:
- They want to make sure it sells.
In order to dramatically increase the chances that the house sells, a homeowner should list with a real estate professional in their market. Why? Because agents have access to the vast majority of the available buyers!! According to the National Association of Realtors’ (NAR) recently released 2016 Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends Report, 87% of all buyers purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker. And more that 8 out of 10 buyers in every age group used an agent (see chart below).